We Treat You Like Family
Prenuptial Agreements and
Property Settlement Agreements
Hottell Family Law Group, P.C., will guide you through the complex process of creating a martial agreement that meets your specific needs. Though prenuptial agreements may not seem like a romantic notion, such agreements can give each person the comfort and security of knowing that his or her assets are protected, no matter what may happen in the future.
Having an agreement in place is an exceedingly wise decision whether you are engaged, are married, are remarrying, or are considering separation or divorce. Such agreements, known as “prenuptial agreements” if signed before marriage and “postnuptial agreements” if signed during the marriage, set ground rules regarding how your assets will be distributed if a divorce should occur.
Here To Guide You Through The Process
Prenuptial agreements help spouses to:
- Define distribution of assets in the event of a divorce, including which assets and debts are to be considered “marital property” in a divorce proceeding.
- Protect assets for children from previous marriages.
- Preserve ownership of important family property such as businesses, homes and heirlooms.
- Set responsibilities during the marriage regarding payments of bills, taxes and debts.
- Establish mechanisms for dispute resolution in the event of future disagreements, such as private mediation or arbitration.
Contact Hottell Family Law Group, P.C.
Hottell Family Law Group, P.C., is prepared to handle a wide range of family law concerns with the best possible representation. To schedule a confidential consultation with one of our attorneys in Fairfax, Virginia, email us or call 571-308-2225.